Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Extreme Home Makeover, Giraffe Edition

A big deal in my area now is the house for Extreme Makeover Home Edition. They are building it about 30 miles from my house. I went down there on Sunday with Mrs. Giraffe. We parked in a wheatfield 2 miles from the house, waited in line for 45 minutes to get on a bus, got to the site and them stood around watching them paint and put up stone on the front. This was Sunday, they started with a hole in the ground on Friday afternoon. The foundation was laid, the house was framed, roofed sided, sheetrocked, and they were painting it in 3 days. There were swarms of people around in blue t-shirts. Each crew has a specific task, when done, they get out of the way for the next crew. We couldn't see much, and the only cast member we saw was Eduardo (I think, I don't watch the show). After standing around gawking at nothing for an hour, we were lucky to only wait 15 minutes for the bus back to the car. I kept telling her we should leave, but she wanted to see Ty. Of course we didn't, he wasn't even there. About the same time we were there, my niece ran into him and some other cast members at a gas station in Brookings.

I thought it was a waste of time, but apparently Mrs. Giraffe didn't, because she went back early this morning. She called to tell me she she was the third car there. Today is the reveal date, and they are only letting in 1000 people. It is now 2:30 in the afternoon, and I haven't heard from my wife yet. She has been there since 7:00 A.M. The family was supposed to arrive at 2:00. So, if I blog even less than normal, it is because my wife ran away with Ty Pennington and I have gone hunting him.

No comments: